Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 1: Silly Bandz

Expensive rubber bands for everyone! Silly bandz are a new bracelet trend that has taken over our school systems nationwide. Having worn a few here and there, I can understand why they are such a big deal. I mean colorful bracelets shaped like animals and objects that come in multiple colors, who wouldn't want them? I for one, feel that when kept in moderation they are fine. One or two to cover your wrist makes sense to me, but fifty covering a little kids whole arm while he still has another 500 in a bag? That is what I call overkill. At the end of the day it is important to remember that we are wearing cheap rubber, and ultimately getting ripped off. We pay $5.95 for a 24 pack, that probably cost about 5 cents to make. Rip off. Just remember, when kept in perspective, silly bandz are a fun, acceptable fad. But when blown out of proportion, as the collector you really do come off as "silly."


(Silly Bandz song)

I'm not going to say I feel strongly enough about silly bandz to make a "jam" like this kid, but I will say he does bring up some valid points.



(The "up the arm" style comes off as ridiculous)

No comments:

Post a Comment