Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 5: Crocs

definition: "quite possibly the ugliest but most comfortable shoes ever. Everyone wears them from babies to old farts and rich kids to poorish kids. They are very heinous looking. 


person one: ohmygaed...my home ec teacher is wearing the same crocs I am!


person two: well that's your own damn fault. Stop following trends, idiot" -urbandictionary.com


(Different colored Crocs)


Crocs, the comfortable rubber shoe that has taken the country by storm. I have no doubts on the element of comfort, but I feel there should be rules on when they should be worn, and who can wear them. If you are a young kid, basically all the way up until middle school, they are in play. If you are of the female gender, they are also acceptable, and can be worn. If you are retired, then you too can wear your crocs at anytime, in any location you so choose. This leaves men between the ages of 15-59 vulnerable to my harsh conditions/rules of croc wearing. This is wear the location factor can help you. There are two "safe zone" places, where anyone may wear crocs, even high school/college students. First, in the comfort of your own home/living space. Second, your place of work, to provide comfort. These are the only exceptions. Of course these are merely my harsh opinions, and you may feel free to make your own "croc rules" and apply them to your life.


(Guy against Crocs)


Take this guys word for it, don't wear croc shoes for fashion! Although I am not in complete agreement with him, I do believe he has the general gist of crocs. Although they may be comfortable, they are anything but a fashion statement. They company tries to make them even more appealing, by putting little buttons that can snap on in the "ventilation" holes. As said in the movie fired up, unless you're a grandfather, or a baby on a beach, don't wear crocs!


(Croc's reference in the movie "Fired Up")


At the end of the day, I feel like most of my blog topics, crocs are okay if kept in perspective. As a guy you should know your limitations on when to where them, mainly for your social life sake. I give props to the founder of croc on such a trendy, money making invention. Even with this being said, just hearing the name creates a humor based image in my head, leading me to believe they are shoes for chicks, kids, or older generations.


I blog I started to follow, due to the crocs connection.


(Crocs logo)



No comments:

Post a Comment