Monday, December 12, 2011

Week 13: Tebowing

definition: To get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different.


(Tim Tebow)

Good old Tim Tebow, the pride and joy of the Denver Broncos. The most loved yet most unconventional quarterback in the National Football League. How is this guy even in talks with Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, and Drew Brews for potential pro bowl quarterbacks nominees? That is just not okay. I will give the guy credit, he knows how to win, and he did with a couple national titles with Florida along with a Heisman trophy. But this isn't college, and willing your team to victory a few times doesn't prove anything. Tell me how it works out for you when you square off against a good defense and a better quarterback. I do understand what is so intriguing about the guy. What I don't understand is why our society is mimicking him, and his religious beliefs. What will they do when his streak ends, and the real Tebow emerges?

(Examples of Tebowing)

At the end of the day, I wish Tim Tebow the best and am definitely rooting for him. But until he gets into the playoffs, or wins a Super Bowl, i'm still going to have my doubts. He is like a half-back playing quarterback. He passes less than he throws, and it seems like he doesn't even come to play until the fourth quarter. Putting up 14 points a game isn't going to get a win against Tom Brady. I understand america is in love with the Tebow and is a top trend, but at the end of the day I wouldn't want him starting for my team. Kudos and good luck Tebow, 
hopefully you will prove me wrong.

(Denver Broncos logo)

No comments:

Post a Comment