Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 9: Car Surfing

definition: Car surfing (also known as urban surfing) is an activity in which passengers of moving vehicles perform various stunts, including hanging out of the car or 'surfing' on the hood (bonnet), trunk (boot), or on the roof of the vehicle while it is in motion.


(A car surfer)

58 deaths since 1990... what a great fad. People in our society seem to think it makes sense to get on top of a car, and try to surf it. Do you have nothing better to do with your life? Go ride a roller coaster if you want a thrill, or even go actually surfing. They put seat belts in cars for a reason, we don't need to add to the death tolls in terms of car crashes, especially in something that should be completely avoided. I can't even say I find this funny, just because of the levels of stupidity involved. These are deaths that should never of happened.



(Girl car surfing)

This is the stupidity that leads to all the deaths and injuries. Don't get me wrong, I understand where the fun, humor component can be seen in this trend. But it lacks common sense. Usually I take a more comical approach to my blogs, but with this one, it is hard to. At first I thought I could have some fun with this topic, but as a researched it turned out to be a more serious issue.



(Car surfing video)

Need I say more? This is just ridiculous. This above stunt was only at 30 mph. There are other incidents that get up to 80 mph. This is a trend that needs to find an exit strategy out of our society, before there are more deaths and injuries. 

(More like wrong)


No comments:

Post a Comment